Wednesday 2 April 2014

At the Scottish Parliament!

Me at the Scottish Parliament
You know, as one of Scotland's Great Planning Thought Leaders, it was inevitable that I would be invited to the Royal Town Planning Institute's 'RTPI at 100 Reception' at the Scottish Parliament 0n the 26th of March. Of course my modesty ensured that I stayed very much in the background and sadly I wasn't asked to speak. I tried out my contact lenses for the first time which was probably a mistake - not only for reasons of security and identification but because I could hardly see a thing.

It was interesting to rub shoulders with the great and the good although a felt that the majority of folk there were professional layabouts and lounge lizards who haven't done a full days work in years. They wouldn't last five minutes at Auchterness I can tell you!

Anyway I decided to dress in an appropriately sober manner. My green corduroy suit, freshly back from the dry cleaners, was left at home in favour of a dark grey suit with a cream shirt and a tartan tie. Very chic! You can see me to the left of the pillar holding up that silly bit of ceiling that looks as thought it is falling down.  Here's a better view - I seem to be staring at the photographer but I honestly had no idea he was there.

That's me looking at the camera!
Hope you are all having a great week and I'll be back in touch at the weekend with more great planning insights. Cheeriebye for now.

No comments: